This is the second update on my 1K challenge that I started last month. You can read about it here. In my previous update, I listed out the tasks that I had completed so far. My site has been up and running for 2 weeks now(went live on 18th March 2016). So far I have 8 pages on my site and Google has so far indexed 7 pages as seen in the below image.
Google started indexing my site late, it started on 22nd even though my site was up on 18th. I have read earlier posts by different bloggers on how they got their site indexed as soon as they got live but it didn’t work for me.
Bing was better in indexing my site, it had already indexed my site the very next day itself but for some reason Bing has de-indexed my pages now. Only 2 pages has been indexed by Bing now. Even though I do not consider Bing as a great source of organic traffic(sorry Microsoft), but I still want to have it index all my pages. I will submit by sitemap once again to it.
- I have been able to post frequently, in 2 weeks I have 8 posts on my site which is not bad. Out of these 8, 5 have been product review articles and 3 have been informative articles.
- Made an infographic all by myself using Microsoft PowerPoint and used that as part of an informative article. The idea was to reach out to sites so that they can link to my infographic and get some backlinks.
- Made $3 in Amazon affiliate sales. This is not something to get excited about as it was a one off random sales that just happened.
- Did not build any good backlinks. So far my backlinking effort has been by blog commenting in my niche. I haven’t seen any value do this. Google webmaster or any other backlink checker doesn’t show any backlinks from any of the websites I left a comment on. Maybe those sites have not been indexed yet.
- My infographic was a big failure. I reached out to 5 websites in my niche and requested them to link to my infographic. Only one responded back and they said that although the infographic was good, it didn’t match the content on their site and hence they cant link to it.
- None of my keywords are ranking at this moment. My best ranks are 88, 39 and 128 at this time. All my other keywords are 250+ which means they are beyond the horizon. But knowing the fact that I do not have any good backlinks, this is expected.
Since my site is just 2 weeks old, I am going to give it some more time. In the meantime, I am going to be a little serious on my link building efforts.
To be honest, I am very lazy and hate any sort of tedious work and that is one of the reason I have not reached anywhere. For the moment, this is what I plan to do in this specific order,
- Leave at least 100 comments on CommentLuv enabled blogs in my niche. I’m not sure if CommentLuv comments count as 2 or 1 link, for time being I’ll assume they are 1 link. So for the 100 comments that I leave, I expect 10% to be approved.
- Add 2 more product review posts.
- Keep tracking my links count and my ranking to see if there is any jump based on the links.
- Do at least 2 guest posts on some relevant sites. The problem is, my selected niche doesn’t have very authoritative sites and average DA is 30. But I’ll try to reach out a couple of them and check if they allow guest posts.
- Check my competitor’s backlinks and see if I can get some of their links.
Well, my current status doesn’t look very encouraging but like I said it has just been 2 weeks and nothing to lose sleep over. I’m going to continue with my efforts and hope if I see an upward trend going forward.
I would like to hear if you have been doing something similiar and what has been your progress?